My, oh, my! How the tables have turned. Paulie, supreme ruler of the Big Brother season 18 up until this point, has certainly fallen from grace, and, as a viewer, it is television gold.
It all started last week, when Natalie went to Zakiyah and unleashed a plethora of juicy gossip involving Paulie: that he has been flirting with Natalie and that he talks mad smack behind Zakiyah’s back. This didn’t go over too well for Mr. Jersey Shore, and he lost his temper, bigtime, and started verbally attacking Natalie, telling her she’s “as fake as those things on your chest,” threatening that he’s going to send her home the next week, that she’s not a good person, etc., etc. Natalie kept her cool through it all, and the whole house turned on their supreme leader faster than you can say “good riddance.”
At the live, Double Eviction episode, Michelle called out not only Paulie, but called out Nicole, calling her a snake and not to trust her. Long story short: the votes were flipped on Paulie and Zakiyah, and the showmance was broken up, evicting Zakiyah.
Corey soon became HoH and nominated Michelle and Bridgette (who was very vocally defensive of Natalie). Bridgette was evicted when Corey won the Power of Veto and decided not to use it. As she exited, Bridgette called out Paulie (again, on live TV) about his bad behavior and how he treated Natalie.
It quickly gets worse when Victor becomes the new HoH the next day, and Paulie and Corey are blindsided when they are both nominated for eviction:
First of all: Paulie looks absolutely furious. I was fully expecting him to burst into flames at any given second.
Second of all: Corey looks like he can barely comprehend what happened. Perhaps he’s still not even sure…
Third of all: Paul’s song and dance was hilarious, and I’ve watched it seriously about ten times. Among social media, nobody liked him too much at the beginning
of the season (myself included), but he’s steadily becoming a favorite.
○ Immediately after being nominated, Paulie gets aggressive and defensive, breaking down and crying several times and arguing with the other house guests.
○ He’s begged for the Power of Veto to be used on him or Corey, claiming that it’s not fair to be on the block next to his best friend and that he’s considering just forfeiting.
○ He’s openly contemplated self-eviction (leaving the Big Brother house before eviction) and going back to his home in New Jersey.
○ Paulie also claims that he has claustrophobia, and that is apparently a good reason not to go live in the Jury House?
○ He says he doesn’t like anyone in the Jury House (there is only three people in that house, and one of him was his showmance Zakiyah…).
○ Also, he tried very hard (but to no avail) to get sympathy from the other house guests by claiming that he is playing Big Brother to be able to pay for his “dying aunt’s” hospital bills that apparently has cancer…Even though Paulie once told Natalie off for saying that she wants to win to be able to pay off her student loan debt…
○ Oh, and Paulie says his psychiatrist told him not to be on the show before he signed up…
There is so much hypocrisy, lies, and deception that no one can possibly keep track of them all!
What are the Big Brother alumni saying about the recent events inside the house?
I'm so proud of you you told me you were going to get all the revenge and you have love ya😘 pic.twitter.com/ksS8AN68IN
— Jozea Flores (@jossie_flores) August 15, 2016
Perhaps Paulie deserves karma but at the same time Corey's a good person for talking sense into him during his emotional breakdown. #BB18
— Jeff Weldon (@JeffWeldon21) August 15, 2016
I mean…you know @PaulieC116 is gonna have the round trip ticket right…
— Amanda Zuckerman (@AMANDAZUCKERMAN) August 15, 2016
Things certainly have been heating upafter a somewhat predictable few weeks! Who are you rooting to win Big Brother Season 18?