This just in from The Ashley. Teen Mom 2 stars Kail Lowry has filed a Protection from Abuse (PFA) against her ex-husband Javi Marroquin. The estranged couple was filmed entering a courthouse yesterday, and The Ashley says she’s confirmed the purpose for their court hearing. Javi did not contest the order, which means there will not be an investigation into the circumstances surrounding Kail’s request for protection.
Modern Topics did a quick look at the state law in Delaware. Here are the reasons a PFA may be issued.
Pursuant to 10 Del. C. §1041 Abuse means conduct which constitutes the following:
- Intentionally or recklessly causing or attempting to cause physical injury, or a sexual offense as defined in 11 Del. C. §761.
- Intentionally or recklessly placing or attempting to place another person in reasonable apprehension of physical injury or sexual offense to such person or another
- Intentionally or recklessly damaging, destroying or taking the tangible property of another person.
- Engaging in the course of alarming or distressing conduct in a manner which is likely to cause fear or emotional distress or to provoke a violent or disorderly response.
- Trespassing on or in property of another person or on or in property from which the trespasser has been excluded by court order.
- Child Abuse as defined in 16 Del. C. Chapter 9.
- Unlawful imprisonment, kidnapping, interference with custody and coercion as defined in Title 11.
- Any other conduct which a reasonable person under the circumstances would find threatening or harmful.
Of particular interest is number five, which involves trespassing. Kail has recently claimed Javi’s friends trespassed during that the big argument that aired on Teen Mom 2 a few weeks ago when Javi showed up early to get their son Lincoln. This PFA may be in place for up to a year, and could involve the following conditions:
Orders of Protection from Abuse may provide for any or all of the following relief:
- No more abuse
- No contact with the Petitioner
- Petitioner may be given exclusive use of the home or of certain possessions
- Temporary custody
- Conditions of Visitation
- Child support or support for the Petitioner
- Payment of expenses
- Surrender of firearms
- Any other relief that might help prevent future violence
Javi wanted to make it clear that his agreement is to not contact Kail directly.
— Javi Marroquin (@Javimarroquin9) March 2, 2017
This isn’t the first time Kail has filed for an order of protection. In 2013, Kail filed against her ex-boyfriend Jo Rivera. According to Starcasm, Jo had this to say at the time:
“She snapped,” said Jo. “I tried to push her away, but (nothing) more. (Her filing) the PFA was more of a way to get back at me than to protect herself.”